Blog has evened Best Previous month!

My blog has evened my Best Previous month. Thanks to Russia, the United States, Germany, and great Pakistan.  Thank you all, very much!

I just got done making 8 meat pies.  I boiled the pork, moose meat, in separate pots.  I then put in an onion in with them near the end of the boil.  Then I got out my grandmothers meat grinder. I affixed it to a board, and began cutting the meat up in small bits. I cut up the boiled onion, and mixed it with some summer savory. This is using two packages of cut pork, and two moose roasts.  You can split it for a desired taste the way you like it.  I went a little heavy on the moose.

The crust was done as such.  Two cups of floor, tsp of salt, an inch or more slice of lard, a cup of water.  Mix the flour and lard first until pea size clumps result. Then, add in the water slowly at a time, mixing ( better results if lard is cold, and if water is cold).  Some people use butter, but in the old days, the butter was too salty in the old times.  This is why we use lard at our house. Just a traditional thing.  It should fold together fairly good.  Then, put some flour on the board, spread it.  put flower on your pin, and roll every 90 degrees, changing your rolling degree every so often. Add flour if the dough becomes sticky.  I have even heard people putting a pinch of baking powder as well. I never did this time...  And, some people add sugar.. I never added any sugar ( maybe sugar for desert pies!)...

Now, the meat was dry when I had done this.  I kept the juice of both the pork and moose meat, and layered about 4 large spoon fulls into the meat, in each pie.  Then cooked at 400 for about 25 minutes, till a little brown on top.  Then I left them to cool.  I froze them, and will have a few for visitors if they ever come over for a surprise drop in visit.

Besides that, no news on the book. I soon will decorate for Christmas. People around this way already have their trees up in their houses, as the lights shine through their picture windows. It is looking like an early decorating season already...  I will be like a Griswald, I will show them.. Till then..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...