Sunny and minus 10 C in Northern New Brunswick

Sunny and minus 10 today. Tomorrow, 2 inches of snow. Went back to the bank yesterday, about the checks from my publisher. They said, the real problem was that the lady at the cash cashed them as if they were in Canadian funds. It was in USA funds. The check that she told me was no good, and that I would have to get a new one because of the two stamps that were placed on the back,  was, still good. They paid me the small sum.

Another worker asked for me in person to see her first, when cashing these checks. Everything would be ok. For that 7 dollar charge, they told me there is no charge for me. Interesting. I thought so, as the other bank told me the same thing. I am glad I got it straightened out. Sometimes you just have to talk to a higher up person to get it all ironed out.

Besides that, my vehicle is in the garage for 2 days. It is undergoing a painting inside the door seams. They would  have probably been alright for 2 years, but they were showing signs of corrosion already. Since it was on warranty, they offered to do them up again for free. They were going to give me a car as well. A rental, but I have a car at the house and I do not travel that far. As, I am off work for now. It was nice of them to offer, and I know they have little choice but to offer.

There is a new washer and dryer on sale. My wife wants them. I would due with what we got now, but, the washer does shake when the load is small in it. So, I tried everything to eliminate the shaking. I tried to balance the feet, I checked the belt. Seemed ok. I called in a repairman. He could not fix it. Well, what a waste of 80 dollars just for a visit. So, now the machine is whirlpool for sale, and has a 29 inch length. It will just slide in the main door entry. I have to take the door off, in the laundry room, to get it in. The old machine is 27 inch spread across. We may buy it, as hopefully it will do as long as the old Frigidaire model has done us, 8 or more years now.  Without problems.. I think the neighbors will want them, or my relatives.. Have a good day, till then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...