Attended a funeral of an old friend today.

She was in her mid 90s. A woman who had many children, and who was a great friend of my parents. Her smile and joyous voice would light up a room. I think we all know someone who fits that description. She was one of my parents neighbors, who would come over for a chat, a few laughs, and a cup of tea now and then. I decided to go to the funeral, to represent my parents also, who could not attend.

It was a tribute to such a great lady. One of her grandson in laws sang a song with the guitar, about an old man walking down the road. All of the children got up, to sing Amazing Grace. It was, very reflective on how much I enjoyed my youth in the area I was brought up in. Some old friends were there, that I had not seen for maybe 15 years or more. Strange how these things, bring people together. And, their children, growing into teenagers now.

I found that in the past, I usually was working or had other commitments, when these funerals took place for people that I knew around the area. This time, I made sure to attend this one. Funerals are not always something to look forward to. It is the darkest hour or time for a family to go through, but on the other hand it is the reflection and celebration of someones life. Remembering the goodness, the instruction, the wisdom they left behind. We are there just to say thank you. Have a good day,  till then..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...