Part 4 not even reviewed yet.

A very disappointing start to January. I was very sick for the last few weeks, and had absolutely no time to review Part 4 of the series.

It is beginning to look like fate, and perhaps that Part 4 will never see the light of day. As of lately, I had no energy, no desire to finish the fourth, heavy duty installment of the series. A lack of interest from the general public, lack of sales, has definitely given me little recourse to finalize the book.

In reality, it is a difficult situation, to deal with the cost of production without having results from the last 3 books. The past results do weight heavy on my innermost thoughts, and a sinking feeling has caught up with even producing the near finished book.

I was thinking of just releasing it freely on the internet. Why not? Maybe it would actually get some traction, and help to sell the first three parts. Thing is, when people did give me glowing reviews of Part 3, it did little to convince them to go ahead to read Part 1 or Part 2.  In retrospect, a Part 2 or 3 did not help in selling my first part, or possibly the most successful book.

But, the sickness did not help anything. I am climbing out of that hole now, and perhaps will try to edit Part 4 sometime within the next 2 weeks or so. But, I am just about ready to throw in the towel. If things do not turn around for yours truly in the next little while, I may just have to shelve Part 4 and turn my focus into another direction. I have to give up writing. There is no future for it, or me there, and I must be realistic about the matter. Self publishing is tough, especially when you live in a small area like I do, far from the huge centers of NYC or Los Angeles, places where if you did self publish, you may stand a chance to get your material to book clubs, or groups that would give you a chance. Where I am from, there is little chance of that happening.

But, for now, I will review it through the first two drafts. Editing, the next step. Finding an editor. Costs has to be low. Then, the publishing costs. I am already cringing at thinking about the next steps, as I cannot possibly break even with all of this...  It does not look, good.

Till next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada has a carbon tax. Something that will never work.

Borador- labrador collie mix

They say you are more famous when you are dead.. lol...